PhD Scholarships – University Of York
The name of University of York comes in the list of top ten Universities of UK. It is one of world’s top 100 universities. It has been catering to the needs of students from the last 50 years and excels in its research programs. According to the Research Assessment Exercise 2008 the University was ranked among the best universities at UK. The research conducted at the University was rated as world-leading. The university works in partnership with public and private organizations to help students in their research programs. Students from all over the world enroll with the PhD program of the university and contribute to its international level of research. The university offers various PhD scholarships for the students and help them with their tuition and other expenses of the program.
The University of York offers 40 PhD scholarships and teaching scholarships to its research students. The scholarship program covers the tuition fee of the course and a stipend of 13590GBP which covers the living expenses for the students. An internal bidding process is followed to award the scholarships to the deserving candidates. Students who wish to apply for the PhD scholarship program can do so by applying online from November to April. The deadline for submission of application form for scholarship is 30th April; any student holding an offer from the University can apply for the scholarships.
For the current academic year the University is offering PhD scholarships for 5 research projects. It will cover the course fee and the stipend. The five projects are as follows:
- Mining Arabidopsis for plant P450 biocatalysts – The Department of Biology. The eligibility for scholarship for this subject is that the student must not have worked or resided in UK for more than 1 year. They should have less than four years of experience in research and should not be holding a PhD degree. Candidates with degrees in Biochemistry, Biology, Microbiology or related subject can apply for this subject. The number of scholarships available is two and the commencing date of the research program is 1st October 2012 and the deadline for the application is 11 April 2012.
- Energy transport in cold non-equilibrium atmospheric pressure plasmas for plasma-medicine technologies– Department of Physics, the students interested in the project can submit their application online. The scholarship programs are available all year round.
- Materials Science at the Physics/Biology interface – from the atomic to the macroscopic level – The department of Physics is conducting the project. The scholarship program is available all year round and covers the course fee and the stipend.
- The department of Psychology is offering 4 PhD scholarship to its students. The scholarship will cover the course fee and the stipend of 12000-13000GBP. The research areas where students can apply are Adult Cognitive processes, cognitive development, comparative psychology, perception and attention, social and personality psychology and applications of psychology. The candidates can apply in January and February and they need to go through 2 interviews before they are awarded the scholarships.
- Center for women’s studies offers teaching studentship and scholarships to the candidates. The scholarships are available for all national and international students. Currently, department has following projects:
sexuality studies, disapora studies (including Islam and Muslim identites), cultural production including technologies, racism, gender and sexuality, sexuality in Asia, women and migration
The scholarships are awarded on the basis of the academic excellence and the proposal submitted with the application form. There are other funding options also available in the university to help the students.
University is also offering Teaching Studentships (covering tuition fee waiver at home/EU rate and stipend of at least £5000) in department of Environment, History / CMS, Law, Physics and Psychology. To get this studentship, you must have applied for a full-time PhD program, must have first or upper second class honours degree and 7.0 Score in IETLS (for international candidates)
Finally University Of York Offers Scholarship for Overseas Students (SOS), covering one-third or one-sixth of the overseas tuition fee. For applications, deadline is 30th of April and you must hold an offer of admission to obtain this scholarship.
Most Popular Pages
- A Doctoral Degree Earned At Home
- Choosing The Right Online Doctorate Program
- A Safer Way To Earn A Degree Online
- Online PhD UK-PhD by publications in UK universities
- Online PhD UK-University of Nottingham
- Online PhD UK - Distance PhDs in UK Universities
- Online PhD Degree Programs-Colorado State University
- Online PhD Degree Programs - Boston University
- Online PhD Degree Programs-Michigan State University
- Online PhD Degree Programs-Central Michigan University