International Research Excellence Scholarships at University of the West of Scotland for 2014-15
The University of the West of Scotland is a university functioning through four campuses in south-western Scotland. The four campuses are in the following towns: Ayr, Dumfries, Hamilton, and Paisley. The school can trace its history back to the late 19th century and has undergone many different name changes and mergers throughout the last century. It wasn’t until 2007 following the merger between Bell College and the University of Paisley that the Privy Council stepped in to approve a name change which led to the University of the West of Scotland to officially be formed. The university holds a respectable reputation for academic excellence and currently enrolls over 18,000 students annually.
The University of the West of Scotland has many opportunities to present PhD scholarships as well as other funding for their students. The university is pleased to announce the availability of their International Research Excellence Scholarship. This scholarship offers a maximum amount of £3,500 as well as potentially earning an additional 10% off of their tuition fees if they pay in full before enrollment. These scholarships are intended to be used towards PhD scholarships. There are a limited amount of International Research Excellence Scholarships that are awarded based on academic merit.
In order to be eligible to apply for these PhD scholarships the following criteria applies:
- Applicants must be full fee paying self-funded international applicants.
- Applicants must have already applied for a place of study at the University of the West of Scotland as a full time student in a research programme provided by the university.
- The scholarship cannot be awarded with any additional UWS scholarship
- Applicants must state on their application for admission that they also wish to apply for the International Research Excellence Scholarship.
- Applicants need to have a good understanding of the English language. Additional tests and requirements might be applied to international students that do not come from countries where English is their first language.
Applicants who wish to be successful in obtaining PhD scholarships must understand how to successfully submit their application for admissions as international students. International applicants are encouraged to apply over a year in advance for their research programme of choice. This allows the school an appropriate amount of time to process through applications and come to a decision. This also allows you as the applicant to have enough time to obtain the proper paperwork and visas as well as organize any additional accommodations needed for you or your dependents.
Additional information that a successful international applicant needs to include with their application is:
- Copies of certificates and degrees
- At least two references, one has to be academic, that is signed by referee with the proper heading.
- If you were required to take either the TOEFL or the IELTS the results will be required before admission
- Academic transcripts from undergraduate programmes.
- A clear and well thought out research proposal for applicants heading into research programmes of study.
Students should note that it is their own responsibility to take care of relocation accommodations as well as their visa requirements.
The deadline for applications is the 31st of July.
Most Popular Pages
- A Doctoral Degree Earned At Home
- Choosing The Right Online Doctorate Program
- A Safer Way To Earn A Degree Online
- Online PhD UK-PhD by publications in UK universities
- Online PhD UK-University of Nottingham
- Online PhD UK - Distance PhDs in UK Universities
- Online PhD Degree Programs-Colorado State University
- Online PhD Degree Programs - Boston University
- Online PhD Degree Programs-Michigan State University
- Online PhD Degree Programs-Central Michigan University