PhD Scholarships – Heriot-Watt University
Heriot-Watt University is one of the top universities in the UK for business and industry. It is known for its world-class research and training programs. It has been contributing towards equal education to both men and women. Students from all over the world enroll in the programs offered by the University. The University contributes actively towards the solutions for the challenges the world is facing through its research. The university has a global presence with its campus in Scotland and Dubai which enables students from all parts of the world to participate and study in the University. The university has research programs in the field of science and engineering, business and management, languages and design. To help the students the University offers PhD scholarships. The candidates taking admission in the PhD program can apply for the PhD scholarships. The University plans to offer 500 PhD scholarships to its students in various subjects including:
- Built Environment
- Engineering & Physical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Management & Languages
- Mathematical & Computer Sciences
- Petroleum Engineering
- Textiles and Design
The students have to apply for the scholarship along with the application form only. There is no separate application form for the scholarship. The students will be selected on the basis of their academic achievement. The students may apply early for the scholarships since every year the University receives more applications than the number of scholarships available.
The last date for applying for the PhD scholarship in the School of Management and Language is 30th April 2012. The students can apply for:
- Business Management
- Intercultural Studies
The students awarded with the scholarship will have to make contribution to the University in terms of teaching and related activities. The scholarship will cover the course fee and a maintenance allowance of 13590GBP and a research support allowance of 2250GBP every year till three years. Students who are not in possession of a proper Master’s degree can apply for a 4 year scholarship program which includes an MRes degree.
Candidates applying for the Petroleum Engineering department can apply for the scholarship till the seats are filled. The research project available with funding is Linked Basin Simulation and Diagenetic-sequence-assisted determination of petrophysical properties in carbonate reservoirs. This PhD scholarship will provide full funding of the project at 13590GBP per year for three years of the PhD program for UK and EU students. International students can avail partial funding in this project.
Apart from the above scholarship, department also offers:
- Fees Only Scholarship (Covers All fees for 3 years, available to ALL students)
- James Watt Scholarships (Covers FULL Fee and maintenance grant of £10,000 for 3 years)
- Partial Scholarships (covers Full Fee and £2000 maintenance cost, only available for international students)
- Partial Fee Waiver Scholarships (covers only limited tuition fee)
The university aims at helping the student with its PhD scholarships and the successful candidates are required to contribute towards the University. It will help students gain an experience in the field of teaching. There are other PhD scholarships which are available for students in the university. The selection of the student is based on the basis of their application, supported documents and academic career. The successful candidates are informed accordingly before the commencement of the course. The expert faculty of the University helps the research scholars in participating in some world class research. The students work in an environment which is very competitive.
Heriot-Watt School of the Built Environment is offering various Scholarships including:
- Fees Only Scholarship- covering full fees for three years. Applicants will be selected on merit and deadline for these scholarships is 31st of May.
- School is also Offering 3 James Watt Scholarships- covering full course fees and maintenance costs of around £13,000 for each academic year (for three years). Your research area must be related to the built environment and all applications will be considered on the merit. Deadline for this Research scholarship is 30th May.
- Lastly School of the Built Environment is also offering Partial Scholarships – covering full course fees but half of maintenance cost from £2,000 to £5,000 for 3 years. Deadline is 30 April and students from all countries can apply (UK, EU and international.)
If you want to do your PhD in Mathematical and Computer Sciences than must check “James Watt Scholarships” under School of Mathematical and Computer Sciences. These are mainly available for International Research candidates and cover Full Fee and maintenance costs of around £10,000 for 3 years. Deadline is 30 April.
For Students in Life Sciences, University offers:
- Fees Only Scholarship (full fees for 3 years)
- James Watt Scholarships (full fees for 3 years and £10000 maintenance for 3 years)
- Partial Scholarships (Full Fee for 3 years and £2000 maintenance cost)
Most Popular Pages
- A Doctoral Degree Earned At Home
- Choosing The Right Online Doctorate Program
- A Safer Way To Earn A Degree Online
- Online PhD UK-PhD by publications in UK universities
- Online PhD UK-University of Nottingham
- Online PhD UK - Distance PhDs in UK Universities
- Online PhD Degree Programs-Colorado State University
- Online PhD Degree Programs - Boston University
- Online PhD Degree Programs-Michigan State University
- Online PhD Degree Programs-Central Michigan University