PhD Scholarships- Massey University
From primarily an agriculture university Massey University has come a long way. It now imparts education in various fields including agriculture and veterinary sciences. The main focus of the University is now on research. The University is known for its groundbreaking research and innovation. It has been contributing to the community through the research-led teaching which is followed at the campus. It is one among the four top Universities in New Zealand to have been listed on the top 200 list of Times Higher Education Supplement. The rankings were based on the teaching, research and international reputation. The research centers in the University are well known for their expertise in science, technology and business studies. PhD administration provides doctoral research support through various PhD scholarships designed to help the research scholars.
Subject areas for PhD scholarships are as under:
- Agriculture and Horticulture
- Design and Fine Arts
- Engineering, Technology and Construction
- Information Technology and Computing
- Social Sciences and Psychology
- Veterinary Medicine and Animal Studies
- Social Work
- Land and the Environment
- Food, Nutrition and Health
- Education and Teaching
- Arts and Humanities
Doctoral Research Committee together with the Graduate Research School is authorized for all PhD programs in the University. Each year about 1000 students enroll in the PhD program in the University. Students from all over the world apply to enroll in the PhD programs offered by the University. The university offers 40 PhD scholarship programs each year for the students. Most of the scholarships are available for students from New Zealand. There are many scholarships available for international students as well. These are
1. Massey University’s Vice-Chancellor’s Doctoral Scholarships – The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic rankings of the students. 10 students are awarded with the scholarships each year. The students who are enrolled in the full-time PhD program are eligible for the scholarships. There is no application form for the scholarships and all students applying for the Massey University Doctoral scholarships are considered for the Vice-Chancellor’s Doctoral scholarships. The closing dates are 1st July 2012 and 1st October 2012. The value of the scholarship is $28000 annually for 3 years.
2. Massey University Doctoral Scholarships – The students who apply for the scholarship must be enrolled in a full-time research program and shall pursue a research program approved by the Doctoral Research Committee. The scholarships are awarded for a period of 36 months. The value of the Doctoral scholarship is $25000 annually for 3 years. Candidates are responsible for paying their fees.
3. New Zealand International Doctoral Scholarships – these scholarships are an initiative of New Zealand Government. These scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit. The scholarship includes full tuition fee for three years, $25000 living allowances, $600 annual health insurance, $2000 travel allowances, $800 book and thesis allowances and $500 one off establishment allowances. The candidates applying for the scholarship will have to provide evidence of the academic supervision. The last date for applying for the scholarship is 16th July 2012.
4. Commonwealth Scholarships – This PhD scholarship program is aimed at providing opportunities to students from commonwealth nations. The last date for applying for the scholarship is 1st May 2012 and 21st June 2012.
Besides the above mentioned scholarship programs there are some latest PhD scholarships available in the university. The Insititute of Information and Mathematical Sciences is offering fully funded scholarship project on Predicting The Epidemic Curve. The scholarship would cover the tuition fee plus $25000 annual allowance for 3 years. The candidates who wish to apply for the project should have a strong background in applied mathematics.
The New Zealand Tobacco Control Research Turanga Scholarship is available for PhD scholars in the Massey University. It is a fully funded scholarship which will cover the tuition fee and an annual stipend of $25000. The last date to apply for the scholarship is 31st March 2012.
Other areas where applications are invited for the PhD scholarships in Precision Agriculture. Life Cycle assessment and Management from the New Zealand life Cycle Management Center is offering 2 fully funded scholarships. Insitute of Molecular Biosciences is offering a fully funded studentship in Chromatin Research and Cancer Biology. There are various other scholarships available at Massey University in collaboration with national and international institutes.
Most Popular Pages
- A Doctoral Degree Earned At Home
- Choosing The Right Online Doctorate Program
- A Safer Way To Earn A Degree Online
- Online PhD UK-PhD by publications in UK universities
- Online PhD UK-University of Nottingham
- Online PhD UK - Distance PhDs in UK Universities
- Online PhD Degree Programs-Colorado State University
- Online PhD Degree Programs - Boston University
- Online PhD Degree Programs-Michigan State University
- Online PhD Degree Programs-Central Michigan University